Click Add to Cart to purchase this item
Elektra Micro Casa Model ART.S1C Chrome Espresso Machine
Click to enlarge image(s)
Elektra Micro Casa A Leva Chrome Espresso Machine
If you want exceptional espresso and an espresso machine that makes minimal noise in the morning, then you found the perfect machine - the Elektra lever espresso machine. Although some people will contest that it is more difficult to make espresso with these lever machines, this is really not the case because the spring in the piston makes consistent pump pressure at each point from one pull to the next. Once again, for exceptional espresso, choose Elektra!
- Beautiful chrome finish.
- Our units have the eagle with wings UP!
- Bakelite handles.
- Chromed brass eagle situated on dome.
- Large, round base (10" diameter).
- Water level sight glass indicates level of water in boiler.
- Pressure gauge shows steam pressure in boiler and needle in green zone indicates optimal time to extract espresso.
- Spring piston-operated - lever starts in upward position, the user pulls down against spring until coffee fills bottom of demitasse cup, then lever is slowly released and the spring in the piston pushes the lever to pump the water through the coffee grinds. If making double, it is important to pull lever down a second time at the half way point and released.
- Piston grouphead.
- Only assembly required is the attachment of the steam wand.
- Boiler pressure relief valve on top of boiler for safety.
- Durable brass boiler that provides exceptionally dry steam for creating micro foam.
- Armour-plated, 800 watt heating element.
- Internal pressure regulator automatically regulates the temperature.
- Built-in safety thermostat prevents meltdown if left without water - please note that you can still damage the heating element if the machine is run dry (without water).
- This machine is for home use only.
- Power: 110 volts only, 60 Hz, 15 Amp.
- Boiler capacity: 61 ounce (1.8 liters) approximate.
- Measurements: 19" H x 10" W x 10" D (49cm H x 26cm W x 26cm D).
- Weight: 22 lbs.
- Filter basket size: 49-50mm.
- Warranty: One year parts and labor warranty limited to manufacturer's defect.
- Fabricated in Italy.
- Due to the smaller portafilter size, this machine is not pod-capabale.
- Some assembly is required - we remove the steam wand to prevent damage in transit. Therefore, you will need a crescent wrench to place it back on.
- Cup seen in the picture above is not included.
- Warranty Note: It is very important to use 'softened water' in these machines, as well as all espresso machines. Hard water will cause these machines to malfunction, and Elektra will not cover the parts warranty due to hard water. In addition, it is extremely important to run the a leva and Semiautomatica machines with water at least 25% full in the sight glass. Running these models with a water level lower than this can cause heating element damage which will not be covered under warranty as this is not a manufacturer's defect. If you return the unit with a damaged heating element, you will be charged for the repair, and the repair charge will be deducted from the credit.
- There is a safety feature on this machine when water is not pumped into the boiler on initial startup. If this isn't done the safety kicks off and the machine will have to be reset. On the bottom of the machine underneath the yellow cap there is a reset button for the safety thermostat. If you purchased the machine from us and are still having issues, you can email us for instructions.
- Paint remover can be used to remove the paint from copper and brass parts. Elektra uses varnish to paint the parts.